Eat with your eyes and dig into this insanely colorful bowl of spiced beef, veggies and herbed dressing.
Chargrill Chicken with Brown rice Recipe
- 200 g brown rice 1 cup
- 400 g black beans rinsed and drained
- 4 pcs Chicken Thigh Fillets 100 g each
- 30 g taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup 160g light sour cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp drained pickled jalapeños chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 red oak leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 just-ripe avocado stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 mins or until tender. Drain well. Transfer to a bowl. Add the black beans. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken in a bowl. Sprinkle with 3 tsp of the taco seasoning and toss to combine. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook chicken for 3-4 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- While the chicken is resting, combine the sour cream, half the lime juice and the remaining taco seasoning in a bowl. Season.
- Place the onion, tomato, spring onion, coriander, jalapeño, oil and remaining lime juice in a small bowl. Season and gently stir to combine.
- Divide the rice mixture evenly among serving bowls. Thinly slice the chicken. Arrange the lettuce, carrot, avocado and chicken over the rice mixture in the bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream mixture. Spoon over the tomato salsa to serve.